Rome Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Rome Federation

This is a forum for the World Ny Ikariam alliance Rome Federation

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Republic of Rome Federation Constitution

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Timothii_Magnus
Roman Republic Leader
Roman Republic Leader
Timothii_Magnus

The Republic of Rome Federation Constitution Empty
PostSubject: The Republic of Rome Federation Constitution   The Republic of Rome Federation Constitution EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Preamble:

The Republic of Rome is a federation of sovereign city states that have agreed to live within the laws and principles of the Constitution
and is guided by the Roman Senate and the Republican Cabinet.

Section I: Republic of Rome Constitution

i. Actions taken by the Republic reflects the integrity of its members, and the Roman members actions reflects the integrity of the Republic.

ii. This Constitution is the Law of the Republic, and may be amended as needed when situations
arise and as the Republic grows. The purpose of the Constitution is to serve as the Law, as well as a guide for Republic Members to act

iii. The Constitution can only be amended by a majority vote from the Senate and approval from the Leader. However, the Leader is not permitted to amend the Constitution without a favored majority from the Senate.

iv. Governance of the Republic will be followed by the Constitution, Law of Governance and the Law of the Senate.
(a). Constitution represents the basic fundamentals of the Republic. Amendments made through Section I, iii.
(b). Law of Governance are the rules of Governance and how the infrastructure of the Republic is built. Amendments are made through a majority vote of the Senate.
(c). Law of the Senate are motions passed by the Senate that become law of the Republic.

Section II: Conduct

i. All members must respect and obey the Constitution and respect the members of the Republic.
(a) Republic Members are not permitted to attack, pillage, occupy,
blockade, threaten, bully other Republic members, including Rome2. Doing so, will result in immediate dismissal from the Republic.
(b) Republic Members are not permitted to attack, pillage, occupy, blockade, threaten, bully Friends and allies of the Republic. Doing so, will result in the immediate dismissal from the Republic.
(c) Republic Members are not permitted to attack, pillage, occupy, blockade,threaten, bully anyone who is affiliated with another alliance without express permission from a Cabinet Member.

ii.(a) Members who are inactive for more than 7 days without notifying a member of
Cabinet will have their membership revoked and are susceptible to be attacked and pillaged.
(b) Members who are dismissed from the Federation for Constitutional violations are susceptible to be attacked and pillaged.

iii.(a) Issues pertaining to other alliances, treaties, cultural treaties and foreign diplomacy must be communicated to the Diplomat, who will intern communicate to the Cabinet.
(b) Issues pertaining to war, defense, military quota's and troop movements must be communicated
to the General, who will intern communicate to the Cabinet.
(c) Issues pertaining to all issues not mentioned above must be communicated to the Home Secretary, who will intern communicate to the Cabinet.

Section III: Trade

i. It is expected that all Republic members help other Republic members by supplying each other with resources that are needed to increase and maintain the dominance of the Federation.

ii. It is the hope of the Republic that the long term goal is to be self sufficient amongst ourselves and eventually have an impact or dominance on world trade through the Republic and its allies.

iii. All unfair trade practices within the Republic will be treated as an insult to the Republic as a whole. The Member who practices any unfair trade will be asked to return what is owed or be dismissed from the Republic.

Section IV: War

i. Due to the Rules of War in this game, War can only be approved by the Leader and a majority vote by the Federation Cabinet.

ii.
Pillaging against Republic members, friends and allies are forbidden and will result in immediate dismissal from the Republic.

iii. Pillaging against a member of an opposing alliance if forbidden, unless approved by Cabinet.

iv. Pillaging is only permitted against a city that has no affiliation with any alliance and either is not contributing to their respective island or is an inactive. Meaning, there are two qualifications needed to be met before an attack is carried out. The Cabinet has the authority to override this rule in the case of war or impending war.

v. Rules of Engagement and Responsibilities pertaining to War:
(a) All members are expected to donate to their Mills, Mines and Gods. Further, members are expected maintain a minimum defense.
(b) The Republic is NOT obligated to come to the aid of those who do not maintain the expectation mentioned in Section.IV,v,(a), unless there are unexpected circumstances already known to the Cabinet.
(c) The Republic is NOT obligated to come to the aid of members who made any aggressive move against Section.IV.
(d) The Cabinet and Rome does not have to get involved if you are found guilty of stockpiling resources and thus, inviting attacks.
(e) The Cabinet reserves the right to get involved if it feels necessary for the greater good of the Republic.

Section V: Republic Structure

i.
The Federation will be governed by three groups. Federation Cabinet, Federation War Council and the Senate.

ii.(a). The Federation Cabinet consist of the Leader,Pontifex Maximus, General, Home Secretary and Diplomat.
(b). The Federation Cabinet holds the full authority of all matters pertaining to War and Defense.
(c). The Federation Cabinet will act as the final decision maker on matters that cannot be resolved within the Senate.

iii.
(a). The Federation War Council consists the Federation Cabinet and all
Federation Members that hold a ranks Praetorian and Centurion.
(b). The Federation War Council Will act as an advisory group for the Cabinet and reports to the General.

[b]Section IV: The Senate

Structure, authority and responsibilities:
(a). The Senate consists of a maximum of 7 Senators (one of which is the Princeps Senatus (Chair)), and the Alliance Leader or the Tribune Senator.
(b). All Senate Members are voting members, exception being the Leader and the Tribune Senator.
(c). In order for the Senate to approve a motion, it must have Qua rem of 75% and the vote must be at least 51%.
(c.i.) For every proposition (including a new regulation, current regulations modification, request for a judgement, impeachment and establishment of offices, and anything else), a motion has to be announced by a Senator.
(c.i.i.) Every motion has to be announced at the Senate floor (the forum) and the people of Rome must be informed about its announcement (title announcement is enough) through a circular mail.
(c.ii.) Senators may vote "Agree", "Disagree", "Neutral", or "Withdraw".
(c.ii.i.) "Not voting", after the periods defined in paragraph 'c.vi.', is considered as "Neutral". Before that period, "not voting" is not allowed to be interpreted to anything.
(c.iii.) In case of equal votes in any type of Senate voting system, the vote of the Princeps Senatus counts as two.
(c.iv.) The Leader of the Republic and the Tribune Senator (if ordered by the Leader) hold the power of Veto on any motion passed, except for the following exceptions.
(c.iv.i.) Exception: Motion for a referendum for the impeachment of the leader, and motion for the proposed results of the referendum cannot be vetoed by anyone.
(c.iv.ii.) The Tribune Senator cannot veto the impeachment of the Senators.
(c.v.) No discussion among the Senators is official unless it is done at the Senate floor (the forum) and in line with the regulations in the constitution.
(c.vi.) Maximum time limit for having a motion active is one month from the date of announcing the motion, and one week from the date of the latest comment on it.
(c.vi.i.) After the above-mentioned periods, the Qua rem is considered as "met", and therefore the count of votes up to that moment identifies the final result of the motion.
(c.vi.ii.) This applies to every type of motion, without any exceptions.
(d). The Senate is responsible for observing the cabinet and the Leader's actions in governing the Republic. Therefore, Senators of Rome are eligible to officially question the actions of all of the other officers of Rome (including the Leader, the War council, the Cabinet, and the other holders of offices in Rome).
(d.i.) Questions have to be asked both at the Senate floor and as a private message to the relevant official.
(d.ii.) Senate is authorized to judge the answers of the officials, judge their actions, and announce consequences for them.
(d.ii.i) Consequences, rewards, promotions, and penalties announced by the Senate are official and must be obeyed by all of the people of Rome.

Impeachment:
(e). The Senate may impeach any member of the War Council and Cabinet with a vote of 75%.
(e.i.) Exception, the Leader may not be impeached this way. In order to impeach the leader, the Senate can approve a motion for referendum with a vote of 75%. The referendum is official with Qua rem of 75% of all of the people of the Republic, and needs 51% of their votes to be approved.
(e.i.i.) This motion is possible neither to be vetoed by the leader nor by the Tribune Senator.
(e.i.ii.) In case of approving this motion, the Princeps Senatus is responsible for organizing the referendum. The results of the referendum are proposed to the Senate and the Senate vote on the fairness of the voting system makes it official.
(e.i.iii.) In case of impeachment of the founder of Rome, he automatically gains the rank of "Guardian of Rome".
(f.) Any Senator, including the Princeps Senatus and the Tribune Senator, may be impeached by 75% of the rest of the Senators.
(f.i.) This may not be vetoed by the Tribune Senator, but can be vetoed by the Leader.
(f.ii.) The Princeps Senatus, if impeached, becomes a Senator and can run for re-elections of any type with no limitation.
(g) The impeachment of the Senators may occur in two ways: First, by the vote of the Senate (75%) and, second, by the common decision of the Senator, Leader and the Home Secretary.
(g.i.) In case of the first method, the Senator him/herself is also able to vote and appeal against the decision to the Princeps Senatus. In case of unsatisfactory answer form this source, the impeached Senator can appeal against the vote to the Leader.
(g.i.i.) The mentioned steps have to be taken in the stated order.
(g.ii.) In case of the second method, if no consensus was reached, the Leader is the final decision-maker.
(g.iii.) The Princeps Senatus can choose the method.
(g.iv.) The proposition for the impeachment of a Senator and the method for it can be suggested by any Senator at any time.

Positions:
(h) Primus Praetor: The Senate Shall promote the rank of Primus Praetor to ensure the wishes of the Senate are followed. The Primus Praetor gets his/her authority from the Senate and his/her orders must be obeyed by the people of Rome.
(h.i.) Disobedience from the Primus Praetors' orders will be considered as disobedience against the public laws of the Republic.
(h.ii.) The rank of Primus Praetor, after having candidates volunteered, is either elected by the Senate or appointed by the Princeps Senatus.
(h.ii.i.) The decision whether to appoint or elect the Primus Praetor is up to the Princeps Senatus.
(h.iii.) The can be more than one Primus Praetors. Their relational authority may be defined by the Princeps Senatus)
(i) Senators: Senators will be elected on the first of every sixth month, beginning January 1st, 2010. Nominations must be put forward 10 days before election and votes will be counted on the 2nd of the month of the election. If no one is elected for a region, a member will be appointed by the Leader. The leader is responsible for organizing the elections.
(i.i.) The common decision of the leader, the Home Secretary, and the Princep Senatus may cancel the elections and decide on the appointment of the Senators.
(i.i.i) This decision can be made if the three mentioned parties believe that the motivation in the Republic for gaining the Senate seats is too low, or the situation is too critical to have elections.
(i.ii.) A Senator can be elected or appointed for unlimited times in a row.
(i.iii.) A Senate seat is a respected rank and its holder is responsible for bringing the voice of the people to the Senate floor.
(j) A Princepts Senatus is the chairman of the Senate. He/she is the only Senator who has the right to speak for the Senate both internally (to the people, cabinet members, and the leader), and externally (to foreign representatives).
(j.i.) The Princeps Senatus shall be a Senator elected by the Senate on the same day of the Senate Elections. If no one is chosen, the position shall be appointed by the Leader.
(j.i.i.) Electing the Princeps Senatus must be the first decision made by the Senate, and has to be chaired by the Senator with the highest votes.
(j.i.i.i.) In case of appointment instead of elections, the Leader or any Senator that he chooses may chair this election.
(j.ii.) The Princeps Senatus is the only Roman responsible and eligible for announcing the results of the discussions in the Senate. Therefore, no announcement regarding the Senate decisions would be official, unless it is announced by the Princeps Senatus.
(k) The Guardian of Rome is the impeached, resigned or retired founder of the Republic. He gains this position automatically after being impeached, resigned or retired, and this is the responsibility of the Home Secretary to grant him the rank.
(k.i.) The Guardian of Rome is considered as a consultant to the leadership of the Republic, and is not impeachable.
(k.ii.) The Guardian of Rome must have all of the access rights that the leader has, but may only use them if the Republic encounters a dangerous situation.

Last edited by Timothii_Magnus on Sat May 22, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Motion II Approved by Senate)
Back to top Go down

The Republic of Rome Federation Constitution
Page 1 of 1